The Rhode Island League of Women Voters Education Fund is a 501(c)(3) organization. The Education Fund provides members of the League of Women Voters, as well as the general public, with information and educational services on elections and on current public policy issues. The League of Women Voters of Rhode Island, a nonpartisan organization, conducts voter service and citizen education activities.
Donations to the League of Women Voters of Rhode Island Education Fund support the League's Voter Service activities. The LWVRI Ed Fund is a 501(c)(3)corporation, and donations to the Fund are fully tax-deductible where allowed by law.
The League of Women Voters of Rhode Island Education Fund is a non-partisan public policy educational organization, which builds citizen participation in the democratic process, studies key community issues at all government levels in an unbiased manner and enables people to seek positive solutions to public policy issues through education and conflict management.
It awards grants based on the following priorities:
- Voter education and citizenship activities including civic education sponsored by LWVRI, local leagues or schools.
- Programs and initiatives to strengthen the League, including disseminations of LWV publications sponsored by LWV RI or local leagues in RI.
- Voter education events including debates, issue education activities and issues forums sponsored by groups not affiliated with the LWV.
- Activities concerning social, political and environmental concerns that develop greater understanding of current issues (including providing an historical context) and/or encourage civic participation sponsored by groups not affiliated with the LWV.
The League of Women Voters of RI Education Fund meets four times a year. Please submit grant applications on or before the first of the meeting months.
For more information, e-mail EdFundpresident@lwvri.org.
To submit a grant application, either:
- Fill out and submit an "online form" http://www.lwvri.org/Education_Fund_Grant_Application.html
A Final Report must be submitted within 90 days of the completion of the project.
To submit a Final Report, either:
- Fill out and submit an "online form" http://www.lwvri.org/Education_Fund_Final_Report.html