The Rhode Island League of Women Voters Education Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) organization. The purpose of the Education Fund is to provide funds to both State and Local Leagues and other civic organizations in Rhode Island for projects promoting information on elections and voting, civic education, and current policy issues.
Donations to the League of Women Voters of Rhode Island Education Fund support the League's Voter Service activities. The LWVRI Ed Fund is a 501(c)(3)corporation, and donations to the Fund are fully tax-deductible where allowed by law.
The League of Women Voters of Rhode Island Education Fund awards grants based on the following priorities:
- Voter education and citizenship activities including civic education sponsored by LWVRI, local leagues or schools.
- Programs and initiatives to strengthen the League, including disseminations of LWV publications sponsored by LWV RI or local leagues in RI.
- Voter education events including debates, issue education activities and issues forums sponsored by groups not affiliated with the LWV.
- Activities concerning social, political and environmental concerns that develop greater understanding of current issues (including providing an historical context) and/or encourage civic participation sponsored by groups not affiliated with the LWV.
The League of Women Voters of RI Education Fund meets four times a year. Please submit grant applications on or before the first of the meeting months.
For more information, e-mail EdFundpresident@lwvri.org.
To submit a grant application, either:
- Fill out and submit an "online form" http://www.lwvri.org/Education_Fund_Grant_Application.html
A Final Report must be submitted within 90 days of the completion of the project.
To submit a Final Report, either:
- Fill out and submit an "online form" http://www.lwvri.org/Education_Fund_Final_Report.html