Grassroots Leadership since 1920
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization encouraging informed and active participation in government.
For almost 100 years, we have have made a difference in our democracy.
We influence public policy, advocate for issues that affect our lives, and encourage greater participation in public life.
We welcome men and women, citizens and non-citizens, young and old to join us in our work.
Who are we? We are the League of Women Voters, an organization of women and men who want to make a difference in the political future of our country.
Welcome to the League of Women Voters Learn More
- Please join us on Saturday, May 19th at the Biennial LWVRI Council to be held in Jamestown.
What's Coming Up and Our Recent Activities Learn More
- Saturday, May 19th - LWVRI Biennial Council
About the League of Women Voters of Rhode Island Learn More
- What is our mission? How are we structured? What is our history? Who are our Leaders?
LWV Rhode Island Education Fund Learn More
- The Rhode Island League of Women Voters Education Fund is a 501(c)(3) organization. The Education Fund provides members of the League of Women Voters, as well as the general public, with information and educational services on elections and on current public policy issues. The League of Women Voters of Rhode Island, a nonpartisan organization, conducts voter service and citizen education activities.
Local Leagues in Rhode Island Learn More
Local Leagues in Rhode Island serve communities throughout the state. There are four local Leagues in Rhode Island:
Judy Webb and Hank Kniskern. Hank Kniskern was the winner of the 2017 Joan C. Arnold Award presented by the LWV Newport County
Our members are also members of:
Individuals wishing to join the League may join one of these local Leagues, or join as a member at large.
Action and Advocacy Learn More
- The League advocates for issues through voter education and lobbying of legislators. The positions of the LWVRI and positions of the LWVUS are reached after careful study by our membership on the local, state or national level.
LWVRI Positions on Issues Learn More
The League of Women Voters advocates for issues and supports or opposes legislation based on its positions. After careful study, Leagues adopt positions through a process of consensus. Many of the League's positions are based on the League's Principles.
LWVRI's Mary Chace testifying at the RI State House
The LWVRI Newsletter Learn More
- The League of Women Voters of Rhode Island publishes a quarterly newsletter.
Calendar of League Events Throughout Rhode Island Learn More
- The LWVRI and our local Leagues sponsor meetings and events for the public and League members. Please join us.
Elections Learn More
- Who is on the ballot in the next election? How to register to vote? ...and more
Join the League Learn More
- Who can you join our grassroots organization?
Voting membership in the League is open to anyone 16 years of age and older.
Support the League Learn More
- Donate to the League online or use the mail form below.